[GRASS5] Problem with v.in.ogr

Maik Trömel maik.troemel at maitro.net
Fri Sep 2 07:21:13 EDT 2005

Hello,

i`ve got a problem with v.in.ogr . I want to import a MIF-File. But I get
the following error.

too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)

    (procedure "GlobalVar::exists" line 1)

    invoked from within

"GlobalVar::exists $_widget($path,var)"

    (procedure "ProgressBar::_modify" line 4)

    invoked from within

"ProgressBar::_modify .dialog0.progress"

    ("eval" body line 1)

    invoked from within

"eval ProgressBar::$cmd .dialog0.progress $args"

    (procedure ".dialog0.progress" line 1)

    invoked from within

"$opt($dlg,progress) _modify"

    (procedure "progress" line 7)

    invoked from within

"progress $dlg $val"

    invoked from within

"if [eof $fh] {

                close $fh

        } else {

                set str [gets $fh]

                append str "\n"

                if { [fblocked $fh] } { set str [read $fh] }

                while {[set idx [string f..."

    (procedure "prnout" line 5)

    invoked from within

"prnout 1 file8"

The File is importet but I can`t convert it to raster-format. I`m sure the
MIF-File is not broken. Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks & Greetings from Karlsruhe (Germany)

Maik Trömel