[GRASS5] [bug #3054] (grass) r.info displays the '(zone 0)' message in any location

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Sep 2 12:53:42 EDT 2005

mneteler wrote:

> IMHO it's difficult to define a list of projections where
> ZONE applies. That's why it's always displayed.
> EPSG knows thousands of projections. How to find all those
> having a zone info?

OK, I understand. But, it has just jumped on me - why does r.info display
projection info anyway? There is g.proj (and g.region partially) for that.
E.g. v.info doesn't mention projection, let's keep things uniform.

I really think that such information like:

Projection: Stereographic (zone 0)

has no any value, and is only a confusion, especially for a newbie.

Maciek