[GRASS5] [bug #3621] (grass) Pressing [Create New Location] exits program

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 01:16:13 EDT 2005

> my name is Victor, I use GNU/Debian 3.1.
>
> 1) I installed Grass-6.0.1 from Debian ftp. Everything went well. I
> started program, clicked 'Create New Location' and the program exited.

Can you start it from a terminal prompt? (just type "grass" at the
prompt) You will then see any error messages without the window
disappearing on you.

> 2) Then I installed Grass-6.1 binary from:
> http://grass.itc.it/grass61/binary/linux/snapshot/
> However, the problem remained.

If you are a beginner, I would stick with the official Debian packages
which by now are fairly well tested. The generic 6.1 binaries are not
made specifically for a Debian system and may be much more problematic
to get working correctly.

Hamish