[GRASS5] [bug #3592] (grass) d.vect.thematic: cannot export legend with d.out.png

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 22:14:55 EDT 2005

> How can d.graph input be added to the command history?

the input (piped from stdin) is written to a temporary file and the
command history is changed so that the command line references that
input file instead of expecting input from stdin. The .tmp file is
persistent until you quit GRASS at which time it is cleared (possible
problem with server installs, but d.text already does this eg).

> Is this something that needs to be added to the d.graph C module?

Yes.

I would like to have wish #3241 done first (merge d.mapgraph into
d.graph)  see http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3241

step 1) for that is merge the bugfixes and updates from d.mapgraph into
d.graph (malloc -> G_malloc, ...), otherwise they are essentially the
same exact code. I would prefer a better C programmer than me did this.

step 2) add -m flag to d.graph to indicate input coordinates are map
units, not percentage of frame. I'm happy to do this part.

We should avoid duplicating the effort of modifying both modules for the
same feature or allow one module to go off on a tangent which would make
the merge that much harder in the future.

Hamish