[GRASS5] GIS Manager update for testing

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Sep 19 09:57:06 EDT 2005

Hello Michael,

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 01:21:27 -0700 Michael Barton
<michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> I¹ve finished a fairly major update to the GIS Manager. I¹d
> appreciate it if some of you could test it before I commit it to the
> CVS.
>
> It is evolutionary rather than revolutionary. But it still has a
> number of new features that I hope will continue to make the many
> functions of GRASS more accessible. I¹ve posted it to my website at
>
> <http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/files/grass_gismgr/>
>
> The file is GIS_manager050909.tgz
>

> It includes a replacement $GISBASE/etc/dm directory with all files
> and a new script, d.out.file, for the $GISBASE/scripts directory.
>
> Features of the GIS Manager update include a major display functions
> are now GIS Manager layers with options panels. This makes them much
> easier to manipulate AND to save in workspaces. All options panels
> now have integrated help buttons. I also added a print to default
> printer via lpr in the file menu.
>
> Getting rid of the display menu led to a little rearrangement of the
> menu structure. Several items have moved to file: primarily gis file
> management functions (this was a suggestion a long time back). The
> GIS menu (which some people didn¹t like) has changed to a
> configuration menu. Slope arrows in raster cells moved to
> raster/terrain and histograms moved to image/reports and stats.
>
> The GIS Manager is somewhat more compact, with a new arrangement of
> functions: monitor control down the left side, general display
> controls and tools on the top toolbar and layers on bottom toolbar.
> I¹ve also added color. Grey is OK for the eyes, but grey on grey is
> hard to see and pretty dull. Grass is green, so the GIS Manager is
> green.
>
> Let me know what works and what doesn¹t. I¹ve tested it a lot, but
> probably missed something.

Thanks for the improvements.

I have (probably) found a small bug in the digitize-button. When I
select a vector-layer and hit the digitize-button, GRASS complains
about no existing topology. When I try v.digit <vectorlayer> from the
commandline, everything is working as expected.

Does anybody have the same experience?

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508