[GRASS5] compiling on Fedora5 - missing tcl.h

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 19 15:31:22 EDT 2006

Has anybody compiled GRASS CVS on Fedora core 5?
Configure cannot find tcl.h (and using locate I can't either),

checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
checking for tcl.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tcl includes.

there is no tcl.h in /usr/include as I have on my RedHat9 machine.
Do I need to download something? I have already
/usr/lib/tcl8.4
/usr/share/tcl8.4

I am trying to get a new clean grass61 on a new machine, and
any help will be appreciated,

Helena

--
Helena Mitasova
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

email: hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802