[GRASS5] 100% cpu mouse bug

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Apr 23 10:39:32 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> A plea:
>
> It's probably about time to get some closure on the long-standing GRASS
> 6 uses 100% cpu during mouse ops. issue.
>
> My feeling: Rip. Shred. Tear. Do what needs to be done. Do it now.

My feelings are similar.

Ideally, someone would produce a Tcl/Tk replacement for v.digit, then
the R_get_location_* stuff can be discarded altogether (no other
module is important enough to stand in the way of that change).

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone other than Radim understands the
vector API well enough to perform the necessary enhancements to
v.{in,out}.ascii (topology support).