[GRASS5] Grass and GDAL-1.3.2b1

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:15:12 EDT 2006

hello list.

I have been trying to install grass6.1cvs (also grass-6.0.2 too. ) with gdal
for reading dataset AAIGrid/Arc/Info ASCII Grid large than 2gb.

after report the same on the gdal list is was told to use gdal-1.3.2b1 for
the same and after successfully compilation and installation I was able to
read dataset greater than 2gb.

but am facing problem in getting compiled version of gdal-1.3.2b1 to
work with grass.

after doing simple following steps in gdal-1.3.2b1
#./configure --enable-shared --with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal
--with-python
# make
# make install.

the gdalinfo is able to read >2gb.

but when gdal-1.3.2b1 is used(also, configured and compiled) with grass61cvs
or grass60 (grass6.0.2 stable ed). the grass seem reports the below error
and does nothing.

*Error in startup script: ps.map: error while loading shared libraries:
libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    while executing
"exec ps.map -p"
    (procedure "DmPrint::init" line 14)
    invoked from within
"DmPrint::init"
    (procedure "main" line 34)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/dm/d.m.tcl" line 1627)
*

please help..!!!

--
Best Regrads