[GRASS5] Re: auto-locate EPSG

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 30 23:28:31 EDT 2006

> > I have things in /usr/local/... and usually do not use any
> > parameters for proj.
> > Maybe /usr/local/share needs to be predefined somewhere to catch
> > that?

back to the hardcoded  /usr/local/share ...
If you are going to hardcode something, at least scan a little to cover
the other common cases,  (add osx? fink? cygwin?)

# Define share/proj/ directory for epsg code file
PROJSHARE=
if test -n "$PROJINC"; then
   PROJSHARE="$PROJINC/../share/proj"
else
   for testdir in /usr /usr/local ; do
      if test -d $testdir/share/proj ; then
         PROJSHARE=$testdir/share/proj
         break
      fi
   done
fi
# if unset default to /usr/local/share/proj as a hint
if [ -z "$PROJSHARE" ] ; then
  PROJSHARE=/usr/local/share/proj
fi

> I guess that
> $PROJLIB/../share
> should be predefined (will catch most cases).

but that means you have to use --with-proj-libs=/usr/local/lib to
get $PROJLIB defined? AFAIK it isn't autodetected, it just either is in
the search path or requires a custom setting. So back to the same
problem.

is there a `dirname, pwd, eval` combo that can change local/lib/../share
into local/share  ?

Hamish

Hamish