[GRASS-dev] Bug day wrap-up

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:38:40 EDT 2006

Hi all,

as I see, lots of people liked idea about bug day. I first heard about such
happening from Gnome users. They even have web page for that:
 http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/BugDays

As idea of new GRASS bug tracking system poped up, there are 3 q's:
 - how far (in time) is new bug tracking system?
 - is possible to get it running before 6.1.0 release? (or it can wait)
 - which product will be used for that? (maybee voting at grass-dev with +1 -1
for short list of options?)

Markus: how far is GRASS 6.1.0 beta2 (if there would be such one)?

My proposal:
If there will be 6.1 beta2, then we could use beta2 to test grass6 marked
bugs. As result we could divide bugs in 4 categories:
 - fixed - quick fix or already fixed in beta2;
 - longterm - applays to 6.1 beta2 and would not be fixed in 6.1.0. Those go
to "Known bugs" list;
 - need more info - cant reproduce it and if bug reporter would not provide
additional info about bug in reasonable time frame (2 months?), this bug will
be closed. (bugzilla.kernel.org has something similar);
 -  other - duplicates, wrong ones (like missing RTFM thing), etc.

Pros for such action:
 - GRASS bug system is cleaned-up for migration to new software;
 - 6.1.0 release is a bit better :)

Cons:
 - there may flow-up some showstoppers for 6.1.0 thus delaying release.

Any comments, ideas etc. welcomed.
Maris.