[GRASS-dev] WxPython prototype GRASS GUI. Version 2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 5 11:35:12 EDT 2006

Hola Agustin,

The first 2 errors (I think) are because it somehow can¹t find the icon
images in the icon folder that come with the package. It should find these
if the icon folder is correctly located inside the py_gm folder and you cd
to this folder to run gism.py. Could you check these?

For the second error, I don¹t have PYTHONBIN set on my Mac (at least not
obviously). Nothing is returned with $PYTHONBIN and I don¹t have a
.bash_profile.

That said, I¹m sure that something is set to point toward the Python 2.4
installation. I installed ActiveState¹s Python 2.4 binaries and this
probably does some automatic environment setting. Also, there is Apple¹s
Python 2.3 installed in a slightly different location that may cause
confusion. The message you got is probably a good idea to make sure that the
proper Python installation is being referenced.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213