[GRASS-dev] New installation for wxPython GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 8 18:55:57 EDT 2006

I figured out how to run gism.py from outside the directory where it lives.
So now we can run it from a script on the GRASS command line without
changing directories.

There is a new distribution on my website (both tarzipped package and
non-compressed files).

For now, just drop the gmwxp folder into your $GISBASE/etc folder and the
script "gm.wxp" into the $GISBASE/scripts folder.

Then you can just type gm.wxp& from the GRASS command line to start the new
GUI. It also reads the existing icon files, so you don't need the separate
icon directory anymore.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213