[GRASS-dev] New installation for wxPython GUI

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Aug 9 05:28:01 EDT 2006

Michael,

Michael Barton wrote:
> I figured out how to run gism.py from outside the directory where it lives.
> So now we can run it from a script on the GRASS command line without
> changing directories.

great !

A few issues (using python 2.4.3 and wxpython 2.6.3.3 - installed on
Debian from rpms using alien - so there might be some problems with that
- I'll compile from source when I find the time):

- the display does not automatically redraw when I drag another window
over it. I have to click the display map button.

- I still have the panning problem. What it seems to be is that the
program does not release the mouse, so even if the mouse is outside the
window it still continues to pan. The only solution still is to switch
to another workspace and back. Then the map is gone, but the mouse is
usable again.

- When I launch a command I get the correct command window, but any
subsequent command launched will give me the same window (i.e.
containing the options of the first command launched) except for the
title which correctly indicates the name of the command launched. Seems
like there needs to be some reinitialisation done.

- Are the add raster and add vector buttons already supposed to do
anything else then add to the list in the layers tab ?

- It would be great if the console could react to 'Enter', except having
to take up the mouse again and click run.