[GRASS-dev] New installation for wxPython GUI

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 10 11:36:56 EDT 2006

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> [...]

I found a solution to this: change line 49 in mapdisp.py from

         self.Bind(wx.EVT_PAINT, self.ReDraw, self.mapPanel)

         self.Bind(wx.EVT_PAINT, self.ReDraw)

Now whenever the display was hidden and is made visible again, the image
gets redrawn.

It still is a different behaviour from what I see "normally" since there
is a short delay (~1sec) before the display is refreshed. Normally (with
any other window, including the tcltk GIS manager) I don't see any
refresh happening. It is as if the image never was erased. So I guess
there must be another solution.

One option (in case you haven't already seen this, Michael) might be this:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/DoubleBufferedDrawing

for which a class is proposed here:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/BufferedCanvas

A completely different question: Michael, are you planning on continuing
with the raster drawing system via the ppm files, or should the wxpython
  manager actually display vector drawings when displaying vector maps ?

Moritz