[GRASS-dev] [bug #4992] (grass) man conflict

Markus Neteler via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Aug 12 10:42:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

> 'mysql' is anyway a misnomer for a manual about the use of db.connect and

in the GRASS case this refers to the name of the driver for mysql (likewise
for the other drivers).

> nobody will ever type 'man mysql' for it.

That's true. But it would be in any case:

g.manual mysql

> The same goes for dbf, pg, odbc etc,
> so db/drivers/*/* should be excluded from conversion to man in
> man/Makefile .

I don't think so since the user is definitely interested how to
use the DB *drivers*, have a look at:
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/sql.html

The RPM conflicts looks like a spec file problem to me
(usually the GRASS man pages remain in the GRASS subdir)

Markus