[GRASS-dev] Re: r.carve still in OUTGOING, remove it?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sat Aug 12 18:43:07 EDT 2006

On Aug 12, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Brad Douglas wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 23:46 +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> r.carve is still present in http://grass.itc.it/outgoing/ while it's
>> been integrated into Grass for a while now. Should it be removed from
>> OUTGOING?
>
> Huh.  I don't know how it got there in the first place.  Yes, it
> should
> be removed.

that is the original 2002 version written by Bill Brown (same for
v.to.rast2 that
has been integrated into v.to.rast.
Everything that is there is GRASS5*, I have suggested some time ago that
outgoing can be retired, but I think there is still a one or two
programs that
have capabilities not yet available in GRASS6 (stereo?, s.to.rast2 is
somewhat
covered by r.in.xyz but not by v.to.rast?
For now I would keep it as is or move to GRASS Add ons wiki for GRASS5*

Helena