[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] grass promotion

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 06:41:45 EDT 2006

> > http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/grass/images/grasslogo.gif
> > Perhaps use another font for "GRASS GIS"? Trace the logo font from
> > the startup screen into a vector?
>
> what is the font name? it would be the cleanest way, imho better then

I don't know, but it is ancient- probably hand drawn in the 1980s. I
vaguely remember it being mentioned long ago, but the mailing list
search engine (along with half the internet) is currently not working
for me.

> > (hint r.in.gdal, r.mapcalc, r.to.vect)
>
> v.out.svg
> ?

does that module exist? as a OGR plugin? add as an option to v.out.dxf?

If not, do "ps.map -e" for .eps
  [this is an old idea from Paul, see wish #3389]

Hamish