[GRASS-dev] [bug #5069] (grass) rpm

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Aug 30 02:45:11 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5069

Subject: rpm

I have put some work into the rpm spec that Silke Reimer originally created a
couple of years ago. As far as possible I have tried to make the installation
relocatable to whatever directories the host system uses and expects. I also
put an effort at making the rpm build flexible --with options to rpmbuild. The
result is at http://gis.fundiaperu.com/rpms/grass-6.1.0-3.src.rpm and it is
far from perfect.

Would you please look at the spec and use it as a basis for your improvements?
Would you also consider putting it (or any other .spec) in the grass source
tarball, so that an rpm can be built directly from it with 'rpmbuild -ta
grass.tar.gz'?

On a side-note, some few changes to the Makefiles would make package building,
be it rpm, deb or pkg, much easier. All that's needed is to not assume that
the entire installation will be under --prefix.