[GRASS-dev] grass63 -text startup screen

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Aug 30 10:17:52 EDT 2006

Paul Kelly wrote:

> I suggested some improved text a while ago:
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-July/024686.html
>
> There were no objections - I will commit this if there still are none.

I must have missed it, sorry.

I prefer my version of location description though. -spearfish- to
"spearfish" or 'spearfish', as this how we usually quote, and explain
where actually spearfish is (few years ago when I used Grass for the
first time (it was the first time I saw linux as well) I thought it
would be delivered together with the program, maybe even already
installed for me somewhere; believe it or not :)).

Wow, you are saying: "-spearfish- is the sample LOCATION provided with
GRASS.". That would puzzle anyone :).

And not "all tutorials", but do mention it - as "many tutorials". It's
no harm, might help.

Can you commit that including my suggestions?

Maciek