[GRASS-dev] grass63 -text startup screen

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 19:22:48 EDT 2006

Trevor Wiens wrote:
[...]
> The wording looks great. But I did think of one more thing (sorry
> Paul). Looking at the text interface to check your comment about
> Spearfish, I remembered that when I first used GRASS (some years ago
> now) I thought the ordering of fields was odd. Wouldn't it be more
> logical to put the DATABASE first and the associated entry field also
> first? Since locations are dependent on databases? Thus the order of
> description and input would be from the largest unit to the smallest.
> It would also place the comment about the region default directly under
> the MAPSET description.

Well I guess the thinking with the Database at the bottom is it isn't
something you're going to change very much. The cursor is automatically
placed in the Location box which is fairly user-friendly.

The order of the descriptions could be changed though as it is most
likely to be read by a new user and ease of introduction should be more
important here. I'm going to be away for a few days so will look at it
next week. The wording of the database description would need to be
slightly changed to avoid it looking out of place at the top.

Paul