[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] updating kriging modules for grass 62

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 04:16:54 EST 2006

As a start I would really really like to include "Launch QGIS" and
"Launch R" menus items in the GUI's "Xtns" menu* automatically.
That would encourage folks to explore. Some sort of GMT intergration
would be nice too.

[*] If the program wasn't found it should grey out the menu item (test
at gis startup to set a HAVE_QGIS variable: if [ -x `which qgis` ]
(whatever the tcl equivalent of that is)

On one hand I'd prefer binary packagers to use GEM to do this, on the
other hand this is a general need, needless duplication of effort, extra
work for the packagers...

A GEM package to enable this would be a cool first start.

Hamish

ps - I would suggest renaming the Xtns menu to "Extensions". It's easier
to understand, especially by non-english speakers who already have
enough work trying to decode the language anyway and IMO looks more
professional.