[GRASS-dev] vask and undefined symbol: stdscr - was Re: [Gdal-dev] Error accessing Pgeo through ODBC

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 1 04:26:13 EST 2006

Hi developers,

I have seen this message in the GDAL list:

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:03:00AM +1100, Craig Feuerherdt wrote:
>    I am using Gentoo Linux.
..
>    When I attempt to use ogrinfo I get the following errors:
>
>    ogrinfo PGeo:b_pgeo
>    ERROR 1: /usr/grass-6.1.0/lib/libgrass_vask.so: undefined symbol: stdscr
>    ERROR 1: /usr/grass- 6.1.0/lib/libgrass_vask.so: undefined symbol: stdscr
>    Segmentation fault
>
>    I can not work out why the error involves GRASS?

cd lib/vask/
grep stdscr *
V_call.c:       getyx (stdscr, y, x);
V_exit.c:       keypad(stdscr, 0);
V_init.c:    keypad(stdscr, 1);
V_support.c:    getyx(stdscr, cury, curx) ;

But:
find . -name "*.c" |xargs fgrep --files-with-match stdscr |\
                    xargs fgrep --files-without-match curses.h
./V_exit.c
./V_call.c
./V_init.c

Can this be the problem? However, in vask.h it is included.
Means, that it is included twice in V_support.c, a problem?

Markus