[GRASS-dev] r.out.gdal2 -> r.out.gdal?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Dec 2 05:58:31 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> > +1 for r.out.gdal2 -> r.out.gdal(C)
>
> I have a question. Will GRASS still need a full install of GDAL for
> exporting via C-based r.out.gdal? Or can we drop this as a dependency?

What do you mean by a "full" install? GRASS needs GDAL regardless of
r.{in,out}.gdal.

You will need GDAL headers and library to build r.out.gdal, and the
library to run it.

OTOH, GDAL won't need to be built with GRASS support, so you don't
need to build GDAL without GRASS, build GDAL, then build it again with
GRASS (unless you need GDAL to have GRASS support for some other
reason).