[GRASS-dev] Unix-isms in gis_set.tcl

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 6 15:06:19 EST 2006

On 12/5/06 7:34 PM, "Paul Kelly" <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:

> so line 4 should detect if Exit was clicked and exit the batch file
> straight away, thus not starting gis.m. I can't see how Init.sh handles
> this. gis_set.tcl has
>     puts stdout "exit"
> but not sure how to detect that. I guess I'll eventually work it out
> though!

I'd like to sort this out too so that TclTk can also exit GRASS *if* a user
wants to do so. There has already been some discussion along these lines a
month back or so.

When you exit the GIS Manager GUI it takes you back to the GRASS 'shell'.
But I *think* the 'shell' AND gis_set.tcl is operated inside a loop in
init.sh. When you type "exit" (or gis_set.tcl exits) it exits the loop and
also exits the 'shell'.

Michael

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213