[GRASS-dev] Unix-isms in gis_set.tcl

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 22:14:02 EST 2006

Paul wrote:
> so line 4 should detect if Exit was clicked and exit the batch file
> straight away, thus not starting gis.m. I can't see how Init.sh
> handles this. gis_set.tcl has
>     puts stdout "exit"
> but not sure how to detect that. I guess I'll eventually work it out
> though!

another thing to look at while we're here-

Clicking [Exit] from the GUI startup does not close down cleanly,
so does not remove /tmp/grass6-${USER}-$$/. I'm not sure but believe the
same happens if you create a new location from EPSG code. (and with
EPSG, is the restart *really* needed? It would be nice if we could code
some sort of refresh)

Hamish