[GRASS-dev] gis.m notes

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 00:33:49 EST 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> I had some courses with GRASS newbies and so I had opportunity to
> observe them and see, what kind of trouble they are having with gis.m
> and GRASS modules.

was this with 6.2.0 or 6.3-cvs? (just wondering what's getting tested)

> Second thing, if they start new map-display, their list of layers
> disappeared and they did not know, that the list of layers is somehow
> coresponding with (current) mapwindow. Maybe, it would be cool to add
> kind of tabs for each running display, so you would switch between map
> displays not only by clicking on them, but also in gis.m window just
> like e.g. firefox does.

I have suggested in the past, I found it a bit confusing too. If tabs
are too hard, at minimum there could be a line of underlined text at the
top of the command list which says "Map Display $n command list:" or
something like that.

Hamish