[GRASS-dev] fprintf in raster modules converted to G_message

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Dec 7 15:31:23 EST 2006

Hallo,
after some time, I hope, I (with help of Soeren and others) managed to
convert (hopefuly) all fprintf(stderr functions to G_message, G_warning
and G_fatal_error

Most of the messages were also prepared for localisation, using _()
macro.

Actually, there are few modules, which are a bit complicated and I'm not
able to find or distinguish between module outputs and module messages
(e.g. new r.li modules).
And sorry, my C-knowledge are poor and my C++-knowledge are sub-zero -
r.terraflow is one big unknown. If anybody could fix it, would be cool.

So, please test the r.* modules, check their verbosity level or just try
to think, if some message is really necessary or if it could be removed.

Next step could be update of vlib, and all v.* modules so that they
react on --v/--q flags.

I would also like to grep -r -i "not found" * and replace it for
standard message (maybe defined in gis.h?), that "File not found".

Thanks for your testing, hints and help. I hope, no module is broken
now.

Jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky