[GRASS-dev] Re: fprintf in raster modules converted to G_message

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 10:11:54 EST 2006

Hi,

last night I was cleaning up GRASS translation and found GRASS error
messages very inconsistent.
I.e. "Map not found" can be as "[%s] - map not found", "Map '%s' not
found", "Map <%s> not found", "Map <%s@%s> not found" etc.
It would be realy nice to set up some common error messages for usage
in code like:
G_err_rnf(map,mapset) -> "Raster map <%s@%s> was not found." etc. for
most common error messages like "Raster not found", "Vector not
found", "Could not write to raster" etc.
It would make translators life more easy and improve usability - one
type of error, one message in all places for that error.

Just my 0.002 cents (equals 0.002 dollars by Verizon)
Maris.