[GRASS-dev] updates to grass startup

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 01:12:58 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:
> The issue is that the default location is different on different
> systems. For example, I found my epsg file in
>
> /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Resources/proj
>
> I have no idea where it lives on Windows, but I'll bet it's not in
> /usr/local/share/proj

so if you were the Mac packager, you would build your binary with
./configure --with-proj-share=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/Resources/proj
and then it would work for all the people who used your grass +
frameworks packages.

Same goes for the Windows binary packager, or linux, or...

if you build from source, it's up to you to tell ./configure where it
lives. If you are using a binary package it's a controlled environment.

Hamish