[GRASS-dev] Re: OSX packages

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 18 10:35:23 EST 2006

On Dec 18, 2006, at 1:46 AM, Hamish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK you can drop "GD" from frameworks. It isn't used anymore.

GD is used in MapServer.  I was just being lazy in the GRASS.app
readme, saying it needs all the frameworks.  (PDFlib is also not
needed by GRASS, but otherwise all the other frameworks are needed)

> Also, it
> would be nice if the AllFrameworks.dmg installer allowed you to
> deselect
> packages in the Customize menu.

I tried that once with the MapServer installer, but it never worked
(same problem), so I switched to multiple installers.  I didn't worry
about it for the all frameworks installer.  There must be a trick to
get it working.  I have a note in my low-priority todo list, so
someday I'll figure it out.

> Also I am not sure if it is worth mentioning GLw/r3.showdspf at all in
> the README as it isn't switched- it requires a Makefile hack to
> enable.

Hm, I guess if it's not something one would consider a part of a
standard GRASS...

Thanks for the comments

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin