[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 18 10:35:40 EST 2006

Mea culpa on this. Written before we (I) realized the issues this kind of
call to a unix command would cause for Windows. I'll change this to a pure
TclTk call that will work in all platforms.

Along this line, in mapprint.tcl, I used ...

cat [filename] | gs [ghostscript flags and arguments]

... For postscript printing.

Does ghostscript work for Windows? If so, any ideas of a substitute for the
"cat [filename] | gs ..." syntax that would work on Windows?

Michael

On 12/18/06 7:22 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Here are some more issues:
>
> - export map canvas to graphics file:
>
> couldn't execute "rm": no such file or directory
> couldn't execute "rm": no such file or directory
>     while executing
> "exec rm $path.ppm"
>     ("jpg" arm line 7)
>     invoked from within
> "switch $type {
> "ppm" {
> return
> }
> "tif" {
> exec gdal_translate $path.ppm $path.tif -of GTIFF
> exec rm $path.ppm
> }
> "bmp" {
> e..."
>     (procedure "MapToolBar::savefile" line 22)
>     invoked from within
> "MapToolBar::savefile jpg 50"
>     (menu invoke)
>
> So, graphics file gets created, but the original ppm file is not erased.
>
> - In an earlier mail I wrote: "I noticed that I can close the com.exe
> window and still continue using grass. Is there any reason to keep this
> open ? If not, is there a way to close it automatically ? Just a question
> of not multiplying unnecessary windows."
>
> Actually, I imagine that this window could potentially be used for
> scripting, or ? But gis.m does not background itself, so I don't have a
> prompt in the com.exe window. Is this linked to Hamish' recent changes
> taking away the "&" ?
>
> Moritz

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University