[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 18 09:22:49 EST 2006

Here are some more issues:

- export map canvas to graphics file:

couldn't execute "rm": no such file or directory
couldn't execute "rm": no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec rm $path.ppm"
    ("jpg" arm line 7)
    invoked from within
"switch $type {
			"ppm" {
				return
			}
			"tif" {
				exec gdal_translate $path.ppm $path.tif -of GTIFF
				exec rm $path.ppm
			}
			"bmp" {
				e..."
    (procedure "MapToolBar::savefile" line 22)
    invoked from within
"MapToolBar::savefile jpg 50"
    (menu invoke)

So, graphics file gets created, but the original ppm file is not erased.

- In an earlier mail I wrote: "I noticed that I can close the com.exe
window and still continue using grass. Is there any reason to keep this
open ? If not, is there a way to close it automatically ? Just a question
of not multiplying unnecessary windows."

Actually, I imagine that this window could potentially be used for
scripting, or ? But gis.m does not background itself, so I don't have a
prompt in the com.exe window. Is this linked to Hamish' recent changes
taking away the "&" ?

Moritz