[GRASS-dev] Re: winGRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Dec 18 06:23:56 EST 2006

On Mon, December 18, 2006 10:49, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On Fri, December 15, 2006 23:50, Moritz Lennert wrote:

>>> Possibly that something goes wrong in init.bat because the demolocation
>>> directory doesn't get copied across during "make install"? I had been
>>> using the .grassrc63 file in there as a temporary GISRC file so
>>> g.dirseps
>>> would work. Need to find a clean solution to this - all it needs is a
>>> temporary file; it is fairly meaningless really. This ties in nicely
>>> with
>>> what Michael is looking at wrt a temporary GISRC file to make g.proj
>>> run!
>>>
>>> If you copy across "demolocation/.grassrc63" to the install directory
>>> does
>>> it work? If so, that confirms the problem and we need to look at a more
>>> elegant solution with regard to the temporary GISRC files.
>
> Yes, this works. Now I can startup grass without msys !

Actually to be more precise, I had to copy the entire demolocation
directory with the PERMANENT mapset...

And some more issues:

- trying to create a new location from a georeferenced file or from an
EPSG code, I get:

couldn't execute "c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs\etc\grass-xterm-wrapper": no such
file or directory
couldn't execute "c:\grass\grass-6.3.cvs\etc\grass-xterm-wrapper": no such
file or directory
    while executing
"exec -- $env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-xterm-wrapper -T g.proj -n g.proj -e
$env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-run.sh g.proj -c georef=$filepath
location=$fileLocation"
    invoked from within
".fileloc.def invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 24)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .fileloc.def"
    (command bound to event)

I imagine that wingrass should'nt even call grass-xterm-wrapper since we
don't have an xterm, or ?

- creating a new location with parameters works, but with the following
issues:

     - the mapset created at the end of the procedure is not a valid
mapset as it does not contain all the necessary files
     - when creating a lat-long location, it jumps immediately from the
one-line description to the region extension, without letting me
define the ellipsoid or other parameters. After the region
definition, it creates the location, but emits a warning that the
"projection information files were not created".

I'll keep trying whenever I have some time.

Moritz