[GRASS-dev] GIS Manager and Map Display 1 faults on Ubuntu 6.06

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Dec 23 13:25:10 EST 2006

Stephan,

I tried all the actions you mention below and didn't have a problem with any
of them. I'm using a current version of 6.3 from the cvs of a few days ago
on a Mac with x11.

G.region is heavily used in most of the interactive functions you describe.
If it is not behaving correctly, this could cause many other things to fail
in the GIS Manager interactive displays.

Michael

On 12/23/06 12:50 AM, "Paulick Consult" <stefan.paulick at urbeli.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu 6.06 LTS / Grass 6.2.1RC1 / GIS Manager:
>
> Add postscript text layer:
>
> when changing "align text" to other than default, error "can't read
> "opt(1,east_north)": no such element in array" comes up when saving the
> workspace
>
> changing "coordinate type" to "geographic" fails on redraw. grass has to be
> restarted to come out of the error condition.
>
> when switching between "constrain map to region geometry" and "map fills
> display window", the text positions keep stuck to "map fills dispay window"
>
> Map Display 1:
>
> "zoom out" fails when region ist left with "ERROR: <n=181.45> ** invalid
> input **. grass has to be restarted to come out of the error condition.
>
> "zoom to selected map" kills all graphical windows.
>

> Grass 6.3 CVS from today, after a distclean:
>
> "zoom out" fails when region ist left with "ERROR: <n=181.45> ** invalid
> input **. grass has to be restarted to come out of the error condition.
>
> Did't give any further trys; looks like the limit recognition is a little
> bit "confused".
>
> I am not shure if this is related only to my box setup, because  g.region
> does funny things, too.
>
> Building both 6.2.1RC1 and 6.3CVS with
>
> ./configure  --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.4/
>  --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/lib/tcl8.4
>  --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql/ --with-freetype
>  --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/ --with-odbc
>  --with-motif --with-python --with-cxx --with-blas --enable-largefile
>
> passed without any error message.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kindest regards
>
> Stefan Paulick
>

> http://www.urbeli.com
> mailto://stefan.paulick@urbeli.com

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity