[GRASS5] Windows port continues

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:36:08 EST 2006

Hi Radim,
I tried the commandline version.
Your description for environment setting didn't work for me:
         set PATH=C:\grass\bin;C:\grass\lib;%PATH%
         set GISRC=C:\gdata\spearfish\user1\gisrc
         set GISBASE=C:\grass
         command.com

But it does with:
set GISRC=C:\wherever\gisrc
set GISBASE=C:\grass\
set GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\grass\bin
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=C:\grass\bin
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\grass\bin\

But when I try to run a command with vector implications, like for example
r.contour, I get problems:

No such file or directory: Cannot open drivers directory
WARNING: Cannot open driver 'dbf'
ERROR: Cannot open database $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/ by driver
       dbf

The debug tells me that it searches driver/dbf inside of c:\grass instead of
c:\grass\bin

Solved that by moving "driver" up one folder, dbf.exe says it can't find
grass_gis.dll, which is in every path, therefore I can't figure out what the
problem is.

Any idea?

Cheers
Andrea

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 18:22, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to compile QGIS + GRASS plugin for Windows.
> Here are some snapshots:
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/qgis-win10.png
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/qgis-win11.png
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/qgis-win12.png
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/qgis-win13.png
>
> You can download preview binary but it is big (70MB)
> and it is not yet stable: http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/
>
> Updated instructions for compilation:
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/wingrass/INSTALL
>
> Radim

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik