[GRASS5] Re: BTS, what was that?

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:53:41 EST 2006

Hi,

Any reason why it cannot be hosted at grass.itc.it site?

> > I also
> > hope to see some more useful bug tracking system in future. Migration
> > from old mailinglists to new (grass-user,grass-dev) could be a good
> > time to change other things as well.
>
> What do you mean here? Please explain.
>
> Markus

I refer to "[GRASS5] Rename of development mailing list?"
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-January/020655.html

If there is new server, new names for mailing lists, adding yet
another important change - bugzilla - would be right in time - one BIG
change, one announcement. People would more easy adapt such changes -
"Oh, look, they have new mailing lists, bug tracking system and new
stable version..." All at once - so nobody could miss that.

Radim:
>Do you mean to create patch file and send it to bugtracker before commit.
>That is too much work in my opinion.

I agree, but IMHO just a notification from bugzilla when bug is closed
with fix in CVS could be enough to keep track on fixes for stable
versions.

Just another 2 c:
bugzilla is useful to tracking code submissions by developers w/o
write access to CVS. This way works Gentoo bugzilla. New ebuild first
is submitted as bug, then users/developers interested in it make tests
etc. and when it looks OK, bug gets closed as ebuild moves to portage.

I hope this time everybody will understand what I was trying to say :)

Maris.