[GRASS5] [bug #4066] (grass) gis.m: black background

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 7 08:03:27 EST 2006

Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4066
>
> Subject: gis.m: black background
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
> grass obtained from: CVS
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: cvs_head_20060207
>
> I can confirm the problem with the back blackground in gis.m which
Maciek mentioned as a side note in another bug report
(http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4049&display=History).

> When I erase the map display the background becomes white, but as soon as I display a map it becomes black again.

Maybe this might help in identifying the problem:

A setting in the gis manager resulting in the command does not show
anything, i.e. not white boundaries on black background as it should.

d.vect map=eurnuts3 color=255:255:255 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=none
display=shape type=point,line,boundary,area icon=basic/x size=5 layer=1
lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1

However,

d.vect map=eurnuts3 color=255:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=none display=shape
type=point,line,boundary,area icon=basic/x size=5 layer=1 lsize=8
xref=left yref=center llayer=1

does show red boundaries on the black background...

Moritz