[GRASS5] [bug #3876] (grass) g.proj: proj4= fails, wkt= works partialy

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 06:30:42 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Maciek Sieczka via RT wrote:

> Creating new location from an EPSG code fails. Maybe due to Paul's recent
> changes? This problem could be populate to 6.02 candidate as well then.
>
> I tried to create a location from EPSG code 2180. There was no error, location
> was created. My path to /usr/local/share/proj/epsg is ok. However the location
> is not projected:

The EPSG codes are read from $(GISBASE)/etc/ogr_csv/pcs.csv and not
/usr/local/share/proj/epsg, if that makes any difference.

Something to try to be sure is g.proj -p proj4=+init=epsg:2180 and it
should print the correct co-ordinate system in GRASS format.

The conversion logic is mostly in OGR. The PROJ.4 string is never
interpreted by PROJ in this case but by OGR.