[GRASS5] Directed Graph Lib Headers (dglib)

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Feb 13 10:59:17 EST 2006

Hello Glynn,

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:50:27 +0000 Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Are you asking about how to get the symlink into the package, or
> something else? I'm not familiar with .deb packages, but if it's
> essentially an archive (e.g. RPMs are just "wrapped" cpio archives),
> it should be able to contain symlinks.
>
> A copy should be unnecessary, and probably a bad idea, as you could
> potentially end up with different versions in include and
> include/grass (even if this is only a remote possibility, it's the
> kind of problem where you could waste several days figuring out what's
> wrong).

Ahh, just finished an email to the list, where I ran in exacly the same
problem...

Therefor I would suggest to keep symlinks in include/*.h pointing to
include/grass*.h to have a backward-compatibility for other packages
which try to link against GRASS (e.g. QGIS, gdal-grass, etc.)

Could this be done easily?

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508