[GRASS5] GRASS-header-file locations changed?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 13 21:58:02 EST 2006

Stephan Holl wrote:

> Just compiled GRASS from a fresh CVS-Checkout with success. After
> that i tried to compile QGIS-SVN with GRASS_support.
>
> Then I realized that
> the include-headers are living in $GRASSINST/include/grass/*.h, but
> QGIS-configure searches them in $GRASSINST/include/*.h.
>
> I checked back with fromer installations of GRASS-CVS and there were
> $GRASSINST/include/grass/ and $GRASSINST/include/ with nearly the same
> content.
> $GRASSINST/include/grass/ has 2 more files, interpf.h and waterglobs.h.
> $GRASSINST/include/ only has portable.h.
>
> Is this the normal behavior or did I miss something?

The duplicates have been removed. GRASS code (including the headers
themselves) now references headers as <grass/gis.h> etc.

For external packages which haven't been updated yet, create a symlink
e.g.:

	ln -s grass $GRASSINST/include/grass/grass

then tell the configure script that the GRASS headers are in
$GRASSINST/include/grass rather than in $GRASSINST/include.