[GRASSLIST:10423] Re: [GRASS5] gis manager 2 rc3 - bug fixes and updates

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 20 11:00:58 EST 2006

As Glynn indicates, TclTk is very flexible in terms of user input options
(mouse buttons, key combinations, etc.). If it becomes necessary to use a
right mouse button (or mouse button-key combination) if needed to control a
tool.

However, the objective is to make the user access to GRASS's power as simple
and straightforward as possible. That is, to get work done without having to
think about how to work the program overly much. To this end, it is good to
avoid non-standard input methods as much as possible and provide clear user
feedback on tool operation--while still maintaining their function in an
efficient manner. Using a radio-button behavior for map display buttons
(like GIMP, as someone suggested) makes it possible to achieve this for
current display tools while using only the left mouse button and not
requiring extra clicks for experienced users.

I'll do this when I get back to my office on Tuesday.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213