[GRASS5] Rename of development mailing list?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jan 3 16:02:15 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:25:28PM +0200, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> On 03/01/06 19:07, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > since the name of this mailing list 'grass5' seems to become
> > inappropriate, I suggest a renaming of development mailing list
> >  grass-dev at grass.itc.it
> >
> > I can define an alias to keep the current grass5 at grass.itc.it
> > address working.
>
> I wondered about that, when I first signed up. At first I thought grass5
> was some old dev list (; IMO a good change.

Good to get so much positive feedback :-)

> Also while you are at it,
> perhaps make the list add a reply-to header that points back to the
> list? Was this already discussed earlier and you want it not to
> auto-reply to the list? In that case forget about my question (;

This is unfortunate and not desired. There have been too many accidents
where people sent a privat message to a list. Seek in the GRASS, PROJ
GDAL archives for examples...
All (good) mail user agents have a "reply all" button or
"group reply" key which solved the problem.

> Also having all lists on the same server with the same ML manager is a
> good idea.

Probably yes.

BTW:
Along with the change I'll have "bogofilter" to filter the spam for
*all* lists, not only for mails coming from the bugtracker. This
program works really great.

Markus