[GRASS5] Automated test-system for basic functionalities.

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jan 10 11:31:01 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 04:31:20PM +0100, Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Radim Blazek wrote:
>
> > On 1/10/06, Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at gmx.de> wrote:
> > > But if the test description is a shell script the user/dev will have more options to write tests.
> >
> > Do we need such options?
> >
> > > We can define the test description in xml and write the framework in C/C++,
> > > but in this case im not able write the framework (i dont have the time and the knowledge). :(
> >
> > No! I prefer something very simple. To use checksum is good idea.
> > My idea was to have test location with some input maps in PERMANENT.
> > Then the test descriptions could be a text file with GRASS commands
> > and list of output data to be verified + checkums for that data.
>
> Yes, better described than by me, this will work, I'm pretty sure. Simple
> and robust.

I have submitted an initial testsuite to CVS:

testsuite
|-- README
`-- raster
    |-- README
    |-- raster_md5test.sh   <- generates map, performs md5sum comparison
    `-- rmapcalc_test.sh    <- generates map, performs comparison with results
                               of univariate statistics on map

CELL and FCELL cases are tested currently.

The bug
 http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3974
can be easily shown now:

./raster_md5test.sh
Saving current & setting test region.
INT/CELL md5sum test.
 100%
MD5 checksum on output of INT/CELL test.
ERROR. The md5sum differs.
Removing temporary map
Restoring user region

Markus