[GRASS5] winGRASS: mingw32 and execl (g.list)

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jan 19 10:47:36 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 04:41:50PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to make further changes for winGRASS native (thanks to
> instructions of Radim how to compile all the needed libs).
> Now all modules except for display related libs/modules
> are compilable.
>
> Some quick tests in 'commmand.com' with r.mapcalc, r.slope.aspect,
> v.voronoi were successful. I kept the data in a network directory
> so that I was able to display the new maps via Linux. In future
> QGIS 0.8 or other software will take care of the display
> (or someone ports also the display stuff).
>
> Now a question: While 'g.list' compiled, it just does not display
> anything and exits. May execl() be the problem?
> general/manage/cmd/list.c
>
> Or do we have to implement some .../path/... vs ...\path\...
> tricks there?

an addition:
If so, could we automatically change / to \ in G_system()
to resolve such cases using G_str_replace():

general/manage/lib/do_copy.c
            sprintf (command, "%s/etc/copy '%s' '", G_gisbase(), path);
            G__file_name (path, list[n].element[i], new, G_mapset());
            strcat (command, path);
            strcat (command, "'");
            system (command);

?