[GRASS5] v.in.gpsbabel

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jan 19 10:01:41 EST 2006

Hi all.
Starting from v.in.garmin (thanks Hamish!), a couple of students have produced
an interesting new script for grass, who uses gpsbabel to upload data from
gps (thus, a larger range of devices are now supported). There are still
small problems, but it should be functional. I include here their note. It
would be good if people could test it with a variety of devices, and help us
debugging it.
You can download it from:
http://www.faunalia.it/download/v.in.gpsbabel.tar.gz
Looking forward to hear from you.
pc
===
Hi all, we post the new version of v.in.gpsbabel, with some bug fixed ...
The previous had some troubles with flags, but now it works also in
default settings (or it should...).
There is a problem I want to make at your attention: with our gps
(garmin), when we download points the time-field is not correctly set
(the time set is not that of point creation but a system default time).
This problem probably comes from the gpsbabel translation of garmin
format in xcsv text format using the "grass_write_ascii.style"
stylesheet.  We don't know how to solve this problem, if anyone have a
suggestion please mail us.
See readme file for further details.
Davide Spano, Claudio Porta
University of Pisa