[GRASS5] winGRASS: mingw32 and execl (g.list)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:51:22 EST 2006

Could the Windows-native GRASS run with the new GIS Manager?

It would use Windows native TclTk and doesn't require X11 or X11 emulation.
It uses the PNG driver instead of the xdriver, and all displays take place
in a TclTk canvas rather than an x-monitor. I think all but about a dozen
GRASS commands--including displays--should run.

The main ones missing include NVIZ, digitizing, and raster rectification.

Both NVIZ and vector digitization should be fixable since both depend
primarily on TclTk.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402