[GRASS5] [bug #4024] (grass) d.m, v.in.ascii: columns hint
leads to errors
hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 23:56:09 EST 2006
> The manual page is built out of the module descriptions in the
> C-code. If I've got this right, then the updates need to go to the
> code (I think it's main.h or something like that). This would improve
> both the module GUI and documentation.
main.c, yes. help page header is created with "g.module
from the GRASS prompt. Code to make the Tcl/Tk window is created with
"g.module --tcltk". Try it.
As for v.in.ascii coulmns=, I don't think the problem is in the
description, that seems clear enough to me. I'm all for making things
easier on the users but figuring out you have to remove the quotes from
around an example is pretty basic. (yes, I've made that same mistake)
If there is a problem in the GUI it is from the GUI assuming too much
from the description, or descriptive text existing in the options
What I am trying to say is don't change the C code to mask mistakes in
the GUI.. fix the GUI.
Of course if a description _is_ really misleading or confusing there's
grounds to change it.
More information about the grass-dev