[GRASS5] [bug #4024] (grass) d.m, v.in.ascii: columns hint leads to errors

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jan 21 15:34:58 EST 2006

Actually, I think it is the other way around (check with Markus on this).
The manual page is built out of the module descriptions in the C-code. If
I've got this right, then the updates need to go to the code (I think it's
main.h or something like that). This would improve both the module GUI and
documentation.

Michael

On 1/21/06 12:42 PM, "Maciek Sieczka" <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:

> On sob, 2006-01-21 at 12:11 -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
>> Maciek,
>>
>> Again, the dialogs that pop up when you run a GRASS command are NOT a part
>> of the dm/GIS Manager. They are generated from the C-code of the module (or
>> the script code for shell scripts). If you want to report a bug or wish with
>> one of these dialogs and get it fixed, don't report it as a dm bug. I agree
>> that some of these could use better descriptions of options. Suggested text
>> improvements would help those who maintain the relevant modules.
>>
>> In this case, you need to report this as a bug for v.in.ascii--not d.m.
>
> Michael,
>
> Sorry, accidentaly I sent the reply to soon. I wanted to write:
>
> I renamed the bug to "corrupted defaults and comments in GUI" yesterday,
> before you replied. This bug doesn't seem to be limited to v.in.ascii.
> It is a problem in the general GUI dialogs design. This could happen
> with any module depending on how it's manual is formatted.
>
> Maciek
>

> --------------------
> Szukasz do¶wiadczonej firmy poligraficznej? Zale¿y Ci na terminowo¶ci i
> atrakcyjnych cenach?
> Zapraszamy do nas!
> http://www.foldruk.pl/

Arizona State University