[GRASS-dev] GRASS for Mac OS X Aqua binary available for testing

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 6 15:28:32 EDT 2006

My NVIZ crash bug (#4768) morphed into making it work in Mac OS X,
without X11.  Partial success.  I have an experimental binary
download for testing on my site.  It requires my Graphics Libs and
GIS Libs packages.  It's Universal for PPC and Intel.  Aqua-fied, so
there is no need for X11, even for NVIZ!  There is a Tcl/Tk Aqua/
Universal download also.

The main problem is that NVIZ works on PPC but crashes on Intel, at
least on my MacBook (non-Pro).  Hopefully someone with a MacBook Pro
or Intel iMac (that is, an Intel Mac with a 'real' graphics card) can
try it.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan