[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 release preparation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Jul 9 06:24:39 EDT 2006

Hi developers,

back to the open issues:

Closed issues:
> - r.sim.water/64bit: almost done, patch under review
r.sim.water now done for 64bit, probably there are other open
issues which could be backported if needed.

> - snprintf(): almost done, patch under review
...partially done. We'll backport later the remaining things.

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:27:26AM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > - r.to.vect memory consumption with zillion points
> -b "skip topology building" was added to r.to.vect soon after r.in.xyz
> was introduced. If that solves it, the "bug" can be combined with the
> long standing v.in.ascii issue.

> - gis.m exec statements
AFAIK done.

> - NVIZ/Mac issues
Glynn added improvements for OpenGL under Mac/Windows. Does it solve
the problems now or a further changes needed?

Extras done:
- netBSD config fix
- v.in.ogr DATE support (if GDAL 1.3.2 present), WHERE support
- improved vector section in the programmer's manual with language
  enhancements by Scott

Still open issues:
> - NVIZ volume: broken (https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725)

...is this a showstopper?

> - announcement to be improved (maybe split into short and long version)
> - update roadmap.html (Web-CVS)

What about moving the roadmap to Wiki?

TODO:
- improve announcement
- decide about Soeren's new r3 module

I'll be busy the next couple of days, so I suggest to defer branching
to the end of next week.

Markus